Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive checking and savings deposits; verify cash and endorsements, receive proper
- identification for cash back, and issue receipts of deposits.
- Process savings withdrawals.
- Cash Checks; verify endorsement, receive proper identification, and ensure validity.
- Identify counterfeit currency.
- Cross-sell bank products and services.
- Issue money orders and bank official checks.
- Accept loan payments,
- Periodic batching of cashed checks.
- Maintain appropriate currency logs.
- Follow all bank policy and procedures.
- Balance ATM machines.
- Process night depository bags.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills.
- In-depth knowledge of all bank deposit products and policies,
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to cross-sell bank products.
- High degree of accuracy
- Strong communications and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of various federal regulations including Bank Secrecy Act, Community Reinvestment Act, Right to Financial Privacy Act, Regulation E and teller roles and responsibilities relating to each act.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED required
- 1 year prior teller experience preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, work instructions and software manuals. Ability to speak and communicate clearly with customers.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above the shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to store materials throughout the day. May include lifting up to 50 pounds.